Saturday, March 8, 2008

Health update

I posted a few weeks ago that I had become a hypochondriac!

Well, I had my physical a week ago. They checked my weight and it was "perfect" (according to the doctor- I still would like to lose 5 vanity pounds!). My blood pressure was "perfect". It was actually on the low end of normal so it was a good thing I stopped taking the beta blocker I got after going to the ER. And, according to the letter I got from the clinic this week, my cholesterol was "excellent" and I don't need it checked for 5 years!

I was pretty sure my health was alright, but it's nice to have it confirmed by an expert. So far, the doctor's who have listened to my heart do not think my heart murmur is aortic. I may have an echocardiogram just for my peace of mind, but they are pretty sure it's benign.

Yeah for good news from the doctor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear your good health news. You affirmed my theory of: when anxiety shows up..check it out. Then you can either know it was false, you can try to get it "fixed".. or let it go... I have found that pro activity is a good solution. I was going through some of your Mom's papers from Women's Ministry etc. and ran across a paper you had written for school. She had saved it and I have saved it for you. I believe that you were 13yr. She always had you in her heart. I miss her. Tonight was the progressive dinner and we met at church for pie afterwards. She always called for me and then when I turned around she always had both arms stretched out wide to give me a hug. She wasn't there tonight. She won't be there tomorrow. She was valuable while she was her. She is at peace
vivian