Monday, March 17, 2008

Long goodbye's

He didn't really get any sort of "goodbye" with mom, so it's new to me to read the experience that Roger and Joyce Counihan are living.

Here is a snippet from Joyce's latest journal entry on their Caring Bridge site:
Roger is now in bed all of the time. He is no longer to use the walker. Any strength he had in his little legs are gone. The hospice nurse was here this morning and she is so good with Roger. She said that his organs are starting to slow down and his breathing are showing signs of what is to come. Hard words to hear but expected.

Please keep praying for them.

As I was trying to fall asleep last night (the kids are sick again- 3 times in less than 2 months), I was thinking about the specific events of mom's passing and I started to cry. It was a heart-breaking experience. There was a sweetness about it too. There were friends, praying, singing. I'm thankful for all of the memories of that day.

No comments: