Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dear Mom (Ethan's turning 3)

Dear Mom,

Do you have internet access in Heaven?
If so, and you haven't already seen them, you should really check out the new photos of Ethan on thefritzes.net site. You could even leave a comment if you like!

Can you believe Ethan turns 3 tomorrow? I'm at such a loss when it comes to planning birthdays without you. I have a lot of things to do for his party that I keep putting off. Help! We're celebrating in Cottage Grove on Saturday even though tomorrow is the official day.

Ethan has been worried about how you're getting around. We borrowed the van from Dad the other day and Ethan started asking me how far away Heaven was. I think he was concerned about your lack of transportation! He also informed us yesterday that he asked Jesus into his heart on "Tuesday". He likes to use "Tuesday" as the day he says he does anything. He kept saying over and over again, "Jesus in my heart". I think he misses you and was hoping for a quick trip to Heaven. I told him that we had to wait until Jesus said it was time for us to go. I'm not sure how to explain this to a toddler.

And, BTW, the kids have fresh haircuts. Jill is making sure that Audrey's bangs stay out of her eyes in honor of you. See? The mother-daughter hair wars will go on and on. . . .

We'll miss you on Ethan's birthday. I wish we could all be celebrating in Heaven because I wouldn't wish you away from where you are. I love you and miss you!

Amy

No comments: