Monday, April 7, 2008

Planning Ethan's 3rd Birthday Celebration

Ethan turns 3 this month. In planning to celebrate his birthday, we decided to have it in a more easily accessible location and to invite a few more family members than I normally would have. I knew it would be hard with Mom gone and having some extra family around for support seemed like a good idea. Not to mention that it will only be a couple more years before he really just wants to celebrate with his friends! Anyway, I'm making the most of it while this season of life lasts.
Watching Ethan is a great reminder of how much joy life can hold. I love that he is so innocent and that he really has no comprehension that there will be people in the world that wont be his "best friend". He loves life. And I'm understanding him a little more every day. The way to my son's heart is to get down on the floor and play with him and to participate in his little made-up games. Tonight, he was making up some nonsense song that he wanted to sing before bed. Nathan and I surprised him by singing it back to him (the best we could), instead of just telling him it wasn't a song and that he needed to come up with a new one. He laughed and laughed at our silliness. I think he fell over because he was giggling so hard!
Just a reminder that in this season of loss, I have this perfect picture of life living in my house with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

Maybe you should send people here http://thepipers.wordpress.com/ for some hints. :) I don't know if you've been back to this site or checked out her series on how to help a grieving friend.