Sunday, April 6, 2008

More questions on prayer

The current sermon series is on prayer. The topic is timely for me. I was looking at the church website to see how the sermons in next few weeks would address this issue. I didn't see anything that would lead me to think my current questions would be addressed (of course I don't really know everything that will be covered so I could be wrong).

This is what I've been wondering:
Is there some rhyme or reason to why certain people get their prayers answered the way they request?

Why does God choose not to intervene sometimes?

I guess my main question about prayer right now is, "Why does God say "no" to some of our prayers?" How do we deal with that in a Biblical way?

BTW, my husband reminded me of something today. He was talking about how amplified things can seem when someone puts it in a post on a blog or website. He wasn't talking about me in particular, but I took it to heart. So, I was thinking about my last post and thought I should clarify that last week was REALLY hard for me. On the one hand, I want you all to understand how extremely difficult this journey is, but on the other, I hope you understand that I'm not renouncing my faith or turning my back on God or that I have nothing to be thankful for. I just have a lot of questions. I think I know the basic answers, but, for some reason, they don't really satisfy me right now. Maybe I come off like I think everything in life is bad. It's not. I have many things that I'm thankful for. I think it's a combination of things that are making me blue.

No comments: