Saturday, February 2, 2008

Questions



I've been thinking about prayer lately.



I've had some extra time to think: 1:00am, 1:15am, 1:40am, 2:00-3:30am, etc. . .

Audrey and Ethan are sick. So are Nathan and I. I can barely handle the kid's whining all day and needing to be held all the time when I feel like I am more needy myself right now. I really can't handle the fact that, since Audrey isn't feeling well, she isn't sleeping.


I've been praying about it: Please Lord, help my kids to feel better. Help them to get the sleep they need so their bodies can recover.

And still Nathan and I were up taking turns with Audrey last night. I started feeling ticked off. I mean, really, can't a girl catch a break? I didn't get mad at God when he chose to not heal Mom. Now, I feel like He might owe me one. All I asked was for us to all get the sleep that we needed last night. I know that I don't see the big picture that God sees, but I can't imagine how it brings Him glory for my little girl to cry all night and for Nathan and I to be incapable of functioning.


I have a lot to learn about prayer. Why is is that some people pray for plane tickets or a new car and they get it? All I asked was for a good night's rest.

No comments: