Sunday, February 3, 2008

Take a Rest

"Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads. I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

The Lord gave me rest this afternoon. I'm trusting Him for strength for tomorrow.

Why is it easier to express my frustration to God in regard to my children being sick than to question His will in the death of my mother? Somehow my heart can dig deep to imagine that the Lord will use my mom's death to bring Him glory and accomplish something far beyond anything I could imagine. I believe that He will. I know that He will.

I'm struggling with understanding the big picture surrounding being miserable with colds. Nathan suggested that maybe He wanted to teach us something. That wasn't something I was open to at 2:00am this morning. I know in my heart that God doesn't owe me anything, but I was kind of hoping He would give us a pass on sickness or any other additional burdens right now. This is the perfect example of a situation in which I would have relied heavily on my mom for support. I'm not sure if that makes sense because this situation with the kids wouldn't seem so unbearable without the added grief of Mom's passing.

My grief hasn't stopped the world from continuing as it has since the fall of man. It seems like time should stop for a little while. That's probably going to be a recurring theme in this journey. Thank you for praying for me and my family when I couldn't find the strength to do so myself.

* * * *

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isaiah 49:14-16
But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."

1 Peter 1:3-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith the salvation of your souls.

No comments: